[Guidelines set as of 6/22/20 which are subject to change as we learn more].
COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Infected people have had a wide range of symptoms reported from mild symptoms to severe illness.
- Coaches and children should stay home if they show any symptoms of COVID-19, have been exposed to anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19, or who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Please be respectful of everyone around you and give us notice to stay home if you have any health concerns. Be Safe!
People with these symptoms may have COVID-19. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus:
- Fever, headache, and/or chills
- Cough, shortness of breath, and/or difficulty breathing
- Fatigue, muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat, congestion and/or runny nose
- Nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea
Look for emergency warning signs for COVID-19 if someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Trouble breathing, persistent pain, pressure in the chest, sudden/onset confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake, bluish lips or face, high fever
DO NOT PLAY IF:
- Your child is exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 OR have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Are a vulnerable individual (or live with a someone considered to be “high risk”) with serious underlying health conditions, including high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma, or whose immune system is compromised such as by chemotherapy for cancer and other conditions requiring such therapy.
- BEFORE EACH KASSIRER SPORTS CLASS:
Please pre-screen yourself and any family members by taking your temperature to check for a fever. PLEASE PLAN TO STAY HOME AND email Laura and Rachel to let us know if you are showing any symptoms or have been exposed to anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 (possible symptoms are listed above).
Contact Info: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Coaches must bring printed roster with emergency/parent contact info to each class and have roster out before kids arrive.
- Parents must provide a cell phone number or phone number on the roster where they can be reached during class. (Parents provide this info when registering).
- Only healthy children will be permitted to play in each class.
- Parents must list any allergies their child has when registering — This information will be noted on the roster so coaches can be made aware. Allergies can cause runny noses and sneezing, which may be misinterpreted as a symptom of COVID-19.
- Coaches will sit out any kids showing symptoms of COVID-19 during class and immediately call the parents to pick up the child.
- Parents, Siblings, Care-Givers and Guardians are NOT permitted to enter the area where Kassirer Sports is meeting. This includes before, during or after class.
- When necessary, parents will drop off their kids with a coach and maintain social distancing at all times. Parents are not permitted to stay and watch or socialize.
- Only coaches and kids listed on the roster are permitted to attend.
- Coaches meet kids at entrance to court/field and take roll to allow each child to enter single file while maintaining their social distance.
- Coaches and children should wear facial masks when entering and leaving class, although you do not need to wear a mask while actively playing your sport or participating in class.
- All Participants including Coaches are required to wear gloves to class for the entire time they are at the site. Coaches must verify that each child is wearing gloves before they are permitted to play.
- Coaches and Participants who are not wearing gloves will be sent home and not permitted to participate.
- DURING KASSIRER SPORTS CLASSES:
- Coaches and Participants must comply with each location’s specific guidelines.
- COMING TO CLASS:
- If class is at a school, kids must come out to the designated class area to check-in with their coach. From there, the coach will direct participants to their assigned area while maintaining social distance.
- If class is not at a school, parents must bring child to coach one at a time to check-in at entrance to class location. Coach will instruct child on where to proceed to get ready to play in the class while maintaining social distance.
- Parents are not permitted to stay and watch, socialize or congregate during class.
- Coaches and kids do not need to wear a facial mask during class activities.
- Coaches and kids MUST wear athletic gloves for the entire time they are in class. We recommend baseball, golf or football gloves.
- ORGANIZE YOUR STUDENTS:
- Each coach will have the same group of kids weekly.
- If you have more than 12 students divide the kids into 2 classes by age/gender/level. Assign each class to a coach. 12-1 max.
- Once groups have been established, coaches will NOT swap or switch kids. Children shall not change from one group to another during a session and should be contained to the area assigned for their specific group.
- The groups may not mix or interact with each other.
- All kids should be partnered with 1 other child for the entire session and play with the same child weekly to mitigate the spread of germs.
- Assign partners based on gender, age and level. Be diligent with assessments. (The goal is to pair kids properly on the first day based on age + level).
- Coaches will keep a record of the assigned groups and partners.If level is similar, relatives will be grouped together.
- Assign each pair to a defined area / court so all students will maintain a social distance without coach having to remind them constantly.
- Number your balls/discs and assign a # for each pair to use for the session.
- Each coach will teach kids individually by moving from child-to-child to provide instruction. This way, each child can maintain social distance from the other children, as well as the coach, and still receive instruction.
- Coaches may not touch other students in any way.
- Coaches may not high-five, shake hands or fist bump another coach parent or child. Create a Cheer with your players instead!
- No hugging or physical contact of any kind with students or other coaches while at Kassirer Sports.
- Coaches will utilize cones or markers to organize students and keep kids 6’ apart during skills practice, instruction and games. Only coach touches their own cones.
- Coach stands at least 6’ from each player when providing personalized instruction so that kids and coaches maintain social distancing at all times.
- Only singles play and instruction will be permitted on 18' nets for tennis and pickleball to social distance.
- Children will be taught zone defense so that they can work on defense while maintaining a social distance.
- Each participant should bring their own water bottles which are clearly marked and avoid touching or using public water fountains.
- Bring tissues or a handkerchief for contained sneezing and coughing if you have allergies.
- Adhere to CDC guidelines by not touching your face (after handling a ball or racket).
- Each participant should bring their own hand-sanitizer and have it clearly marked.
- Participants should set up their belongings along the side of the class, so that they are spaced out 6’ apart during water breaks.
- During water breaks, kids and coaches should go directly to where they set up their water, etc. and maintain social distancing.
- Coaches should remind kids to use their hand sanitizer at the end of each water break, if they remove their gloves.
- Participants/Coaches should not share items including: hand-sanitizer, water bottles, sun screen, gloves, rackets and/or towels.
WHEN PLAY HAS ENDED COACHES AND FAMILIES SHOULD:
- Put on your face mask after play has ended; continue to wear your gloves until you are in your car.
- Avoid post Kassirer Sports socializing with coaches, parents or participants.
- Leave the class location as soon as play has ended.
- Parents wait outside to pick up their child after class has ended.
- If at a school site, coach will walk class to front of school for pick up.
- If site is not at a school, coach should walk their group to meet parents at one designated pick up location.
- If class is on a tennis court or enclosed area, then children should enter and exit in a single file line while maintaining a social distance.
- Limit your distance to a minimum of 6’ while waiting for parents outside of the courts.
- Remember, no child can be left unattended and must remain with their coach until they are met by an adult picking up.
- Coaches charge $1 per minute for time spent babysitting after class ends.
- Parents should pick up promptly.
- Parents should pay coaches cash for any time they spend babysitting after class ends if arriving late to pick up.
- Everyone is responsible for disinfecting their own equipment.
- Clean and wipe down your rackets, racket bags, and water bottles. Do not share equipment with others.
- Coaches, parents and children should all wear masks during pick-up.
- After putting your equipment away; enter your car and take your gloves off.
- Use hand sanitizer in the car.
- Wash your hands, clothes, and gloves when you get home after each class.
Please always be respectful of others and err on the side of caution. Health of our coaches and families is our main priority.
Please email email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org immediately if you are aware of anyone who is NOT following all of these safety guidelines.